WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Post the link of your finished program in Google Classroom
and click on
Mark as Done
What will you do next?
To Create Your Avatar:
Take a series of photographs of yourself, take the background out of each image, then program the images to "move" using the scratch programming interface.
MAKING A VIRTUAL YOU
Use scratch to create and animate your very own avatar!
Figure out what pictures you need to take to make it look like you are performing an action or a dance.
Take a series of photographs (6-8 pictures) of yourself against a plain background that when put together, make it look like you are moving.
(Helpful Hint: Don't wear colors that match the background. When professional photographers take these kinds of pictures, they usually use a green screen)
Take pictures that represent motion
Remove background from each image
Download the Magic Eraser Background Editor App on your device.
Import your photos into the Magic Eraser app
Use your finger or a stylus to remove the background from each image.
Save the photos in your Google Drive folder.
1. Once you've logged into scratch, click on CREATE to start a
2. Now, you will need to make yourself a Sprite in scratch.
Click on the COSTUMES tab and Upload your photos (with
backgrounds removed) into scratch as Sprites.
3. Click on the CODES tab and choose an EVENT to start your
4. Once you have chosen a way to make your action start, go to
LOOKS and choose the "switch costumes" block.
Use multiple "switch costumes" blocks to make your sprite
change to multiple different shapes. You will need to put use a
"wait" block (found in CONTROLS) so the costumes switch one
at a time.
5. Adjust the order of the photos and a length of time for each to
make it look like you are moving.
6. If you want, you can also play around with different
backgrounds and add background music or sound effects.
7. Make sure to Save your Project.